If I may, I’ve been bankrolling a project for about 7 years along these lines, and I remember being very impressed with Sandstorm. Our approach was a bit more “Wordpressy”:
See the video on qbix.com and qbix.com/platform
We just wanted to focus on developing a general-purpose “operating system” for social networking, so startups and any communities can build their social networks by just installing the system, getting plugins and throwing reusable components on pages (like chatrooms, collaborative documents, group rides, etc.)
That way we can get real user and community adoption and then gradually decentralize things like so:
https://qbix.com/blog/2018/08/28/vision-for-a-new-truly-dece...
To date we have about 5-6 million users download our apps, and around $1M in revenues that we can reinvest into this thing. I would love to speak more to you by email if it makes sense... please look at the above links and let me know your thoughts.
I really believe that the project that will really make this take off will have to work backwards from user adoption (by doing for social networks what Wordpress did for blogging) and then incrementally move towards the decentralized architecture where everyone owns only what they are entitled to. The key is to avoid painting yourself into a corner, so that you can decentralize your own software later without losing features. But until now we focused on actual killer use cases, like this:
from Hacker News - New Comments: "WordPress" https://ift.tt/2IpMNfH
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment