Monday, August 3, 2026

Ask HN: I had Codex and GPT 5.6 Sol running for 12 days, 870k+ LOC. Now what?

For the last 2 weeks I have been running Codex + GPT 5.6 Sol Ultra non-stop for almost 13 days, working on a huge extension to my SaaS product / business. It used 502,122,866 tokens and created over 870k new LOC.

I have done AI coding of huge features in the range of 50-60k LOC before, which were massive already, we managed to ship them and actually deliver value.

I know this sounds borderline ridiculous, but this time I don't know what to do.

What are the next steps here? It is obviously impossible to review, but it is almost as impossible to actually test. I had put A LOT of work into planning and the workflows and features were spec'ed very precisely and with lots of care and analysis. So far I have only found cosmetic issues, the entire core of the application seems to be working just fine.

I have thought about starting with a user manual / knowledge base for it, to capture the features and have plenty of documentation. But then what? Launch it to production?

Have I passed the threshold of what is humanly possible to do with AI coding, or is there any hope?


Comments URL: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=49160339

Points: 1

# Comments: 2



from Hacker News: Newest https://ift.tt/hluTdYz
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask HN: I had Codex and GPT 5.6 Sol running for 12 days, 870k+ LOC. Now what?

For the last 2 weeks I have been running Codex + GPT 5.6 Sol Ultra non-stop for almost 13 days, working on a huge extension to my SaaS prod...